Air Techniques International (ATI) is a global leader in the design and manufacture of specialized test equipment for HEPA filters, media, filter cartridges, respirators, and protective masks. Most recently, ATI has made a name for itself in the mask testing industry where its automated filter tester has brought industry-leading accuracy and efficiency to validation testing performed by leading filter media, cartridge, and respirator mask manufacturers.
The 100X Automated Filter Tester combines ATI’s core technologies into a single, compact test unit to test and validate filter media, cartridges, and masks in production, quality control, and R&D applications. In production environments, the 100X provides accurate and repeatable results while minimizing downtime and maximizing throughput. In QC/R&D labs, the 100X provides the same accurate results while offering portability and quiet operation.
The 100X features unique technologies that improve testing accuracy while minimizing service and maintenance costs.
The 100X incorporates an integrated flow controller that not only maintains a constant flow rate as the media or mask is loaded with test aerosol, but also during temperature and humidity fluctuations throughout the day. The 100X samples 100% of the challenge aerosol ensuring accurate results and reducing potential sampling errors inherent in legacy designs.
The 100X has played a key role throughout the COVID-19 pandemic by performing the aerosol challenge required to test and validate the filtration efficiency of FFP2,3/KN95/N95-style respirator masks. As the COVID-19 pandemic began to spread in early 2020, demand for respirator masks far exceeded supply. With this increased demand came the need for test equipment to validate the filter media and masks to the relevant regional standards such as EN 143/149, EN 13274-7, EN 12941/42, ISO 23328, NIOSH 42 CFR Part 84, GB 2626, etc. ATI has experienced an unprecedented surge in requests from filter media and respirator mask manufacturers seeking its technology to perform the critical tests required by global standards when validating respirator masks and high-efficiency filtration media.
Key components and features of ATI’s 100X:
- 100% sampling aerosol detection system – Precise, repeatable results are vital to minimizing false failures while at the same time not passing product that should have failed. ATI’s 100% sampling aerosol detection system is designed to produce accurate results and can test a wide range of HEPA and ULPA grade filters, up to 99.9995% efficiency.
- Custom test fixtures – ATI provides engineering, manufacturing and verification services to ensure that the custom test fixture meets your unique needs.
- Fewer parts, easy access to key components – The 100X automated filter tester is designed with fewer parts than most conventional filter testers and the critical components are easy to access when cleaning and performing maintenance.
- Integrated flow controller – An integrated flow controller maintains the desired flow rate as the mask or media is loaded with aerosol and during temperature and humidity fluctuations throughout the day.
- Patented aerosol replenishment system – The patented aerosol replenishment system increases productivity by eliminating the need to shut down production to refill the aerosol generator. For salt-based test systems, the replenishment system mitigates aerosol concentration and size/distribution shifts due to dynamic salinity.
This content is sponsored by:
Visit us at FILTECH: Hall 8, Stand F52