Your machinery and your people are two of your biggest costs. Add a worldwide pandemic to the mix, and manufacturers are looking to automated solutions for more resilience to disruption in the future. ELSNER has developed automated solutions for spiral-wound filter manufacturing and customers are saving time, money and, most importantly, maintaining throughput.
Worker safety is paramount
Labor pressures are nothing new, but COVID-19 has made labor-related issues even more challenging. With a lack of options and smaller staffing, continuity to maintain throughput has been difficult for many manufacturers.
Automation offers the options needed to manage workflows even during a situation, such as the coronavirus crisis. That is why despite budget shortfalls and declining productivity, many manufacturers are leaving room in the budget for investments in automated solution as a long-term strategy for stability. There’s never been a time that more clearly highlights what NOT automating will cost you.
Beyond worker safety – more pain points automation helps conquer:
- Improved Quality and Consistency: With less room for human error, there is a higher level of quality, precision, and accuracy. Automation makes repeatable tasks more consistent while freeing up your employees to concentrate on more complex tasks.
- Boost Productivity: Automated processes produce many efficient, productivity-related boosts with more predictability.
- Space-saver: Automation helps you save floorspace with a more compact footprint which also helps more easily ebb and flow with inventory.
Why ELSNER Filtration for automated solutions for spiral-wound filtration?
As a U.S.-based company that has grown with the times, ELSNER has seen many trends come and go. Choosing your manufacturing partners is important to get your operation to the next level, and ELSNER is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to possess a broad view on manufacturing, having designed machinery for many diverse and complex markets, including more than 20 years automating the process of manufacturing spiral-wound filters. Our line of automated filtration machinery removes manual processes and helps our customers manufacture a superior product.
Our automated and robotic manufacturing process that saves time, labor and money include automating the following tasks:
- Vision tracking & inspection
- Alignment & spacer placement
- Adhesive dispensing/precision glue placement
- Multi-axis articulate robot
- Material handling & assembly (pack building, rolling & taping)
- Sealing & ultrasonic welding
- Gantry solutions for delivery
ELSNER’s lineup of automated Filtration machinery:
Automatic Membrane Folding:
The EMF-42 automatically converts membrane and plastic mesh into folded “leaves” for spiral wound elements.
Filter Assembly and Rolling:
The APB-42 provides automatic pack building. The machine is designed to bring together filter components to produce spiral wound filter elements.
Filter Rolling & Gluing:
The SFR-42 Automates tasks such as glue delivery & outer wrap tape application associated with the manufacture of spiral wound membrane filter elements.
Filter Element Finishing:
The Element Trim Saw is designed to finish the edges of industrial liquid filtration elements such as those made on the ELSNER EMF-42/APB-42 Element Production Line.
For a video showing the tasks that save our filtration customers time and money, visit bit.ly/elsnerfiltration.
Want to know more about how ELSNER Filtration can help you implement automation into your manufacturing? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This content is sponsored by Elsner Filtration.