WEFTEC 2023 Plans to Deliver Educational and Exhibition Experiences to Refresh the Minds of Water Professionals
There is no better place than WEFTEC 2023’s 96th Annual Technical Exhibition & Conference to meet water professionals from around the world and experience first-hand the best in water quality education, leading experts, the latest technology and trends, and proven solutions. Held this year in Chicago, Illinois, WEFTEC 2023 will reside at McCormick Place, September 30-October 4, 2023, for conference proceedings, with the exhibition held on October 2-4.
Benefits of attending exceed expectations each year. Attendees will be able to:
- Touch, feel, and experience first-hand the latest and best water sector equipment, technology, and solutions;
- Meet new people, expand your network, grow your career, participate in spontaneous conversations, and catch up with water sector friends and colleagues; and
- Better serve your customers through the knowledge and insights you develop at WEFTEC, and apply what you see, experience, and learn to strengthen your skills.
Learn from the brightest, most innovative minds and strengthen your skillset through WEFTEC’s world-class education. This show delivers everything you need to know about water quality through a variety of learning styles.
- Workshops – Dive into in-depth learning, in a classroom setting.
- Technical Sessions – Learn from water quality experts, in a variety of interactive and traditional session formats.
- Learning Exchanges – Share your expertise and perspectives about trending themes, technologies, and topics in the water sector with a small peer group.
- Main Stage Events – Explore the most important and timely water sector and professional development topics.
- Technology Spotlights (formerly called Mobile Sessions) – Learn from curated groups of companies sharing their premier product and service solutions for your current challenges.
- Company Demonstrations – Engage with exhibitors as they show their latest technology and equipment.
Technical session tracks include: Biosolids & Residuals Management/Energy; Collection Systems & Distribution; Disinfection & Public Health; Facility Operations & Maintenance; Future Issues & Global Insights; Industrial Issues & Treatment Technologies; Municipal Wastewater Treatment Process & Design; Utility Management & Leadership; Water Reuse & Reclamation; and Watershed Resources Management & Sustainability.
On Sept. 30-31, WEFTEC presents a series of deep-dive workshops into topics like Wastewater Microbiology; Refinery and Petrochemical Wastewater Treatment: Operations, Control, and Troubleshooting; Game-Based Modeling of Water Resource Recovery Facilities; and Design and Implementation of Membrane Bioreactors in Water Recycling, among others. These are an additional cost above registration costs yet allow for targeted discussions on real solutions to water treatment challenges.
Included in the weekend events is the annual student design challenge. The WEF Student Design Competition promotes real-world design experience for students interested in pursuing education and careers in water and wastewater engineering and science. The competition tasks individuals or teams of students to prepare and present a design that helps solve a water quality issue.
Attendees can earn continuing education units (CEUs) and professional development hours. For more info, visit: www.weftec.org/attend/education/continuing-education/
The current number of exhibitors is currently at almost 1,000 for WEFTEC’s most comprehensive gathering of water quality professionals and thought leader companies under one roof. The expo features the sector’s leading suppliers among eight themed pavilions that include drinking water, infrastructure, innovation, intelligent water, cybersecurity, and stormwater, among others.
New for 2023
This year also brings a new feature to the Exhibition: WEF’s Product, Service, and Project Launchpad. Featured each day at the Technology Spotlight Theatre (Booth No. 6139) in North Hall, these sponsored presentations bring a new level of detail and technical specifications to Exhibition programming. Open to all attendees, you will hear 30 minutes of in-depth information from experts about a product, service, or project and then have up to 15 minutes for a question-and-answer session. Currently scheduled are Huber Technology, Hobas Pipe USA, and Grundfos who will share their news and updates.
More information can be found at https://weftec23.mapyourshow.com.