From surgical drapes and gowns to canister wipes and spiral-wound filters, ELSNER has helped dozens of customers maintain throughput and boost productivity by implementing automation into their production lines. With manufacturers needing more resilience to disruption for the future as they continue to face ongoing challenges with the COVID-19 crisis, there’s never been a time that more clearly highlights what NOT investing in automated solutions will cost you.
Pain points ELSNER automation helps conquer:
- Labor pressures are nothing new, but COVID-19 has highlighted labor concerns. With a lack of options and smaller staffing, continuity to maintain throughput has been difficult for many manufacturers.
- Improved Quality and Consistency: Automation means less chance for human error, and a higher level of quality, precision, and accuracy.
- Boost Productivity: Automated processes produce efficient, productivity-related boosts. Unit costs go down and throughput goes up, for more predictable and accurate throughput.
- Space-saver: Automation helps save floorspace with a more compact footprint.
Why ELSNER for automated solutions?
As a U.S.-based company that has grown with the times, ELSNER is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to possess a broad view on manufacturing, having designed machinery for many diverse and complex markets. ELSNER has the context and experience to help you evaluate new markets, new substrates and the potential your operation holds.
Automated solutions examples:
- Automated wet wipes production for up to 90% production gains: Coronavirus has resulted in huge increases in demand for canister wipes as manufacturers struggle to keep them on the shelves. Installing fully automatic slitter rewinders has boosted our customers’ quality and efficiency to highest levels to-date, allowing them to keep up with the increased demands that won’t be abating any time soon.
- Quality gains for filter system: Manufacturers of spiral-wound membrane filters had a lot of manual labor involved in the process of building each of their finished products. ELSNER Filtration provided automated lines that greatly reduce labor, improve product effectiveness and gain consistency in quality.
- Boosted productivity and quality of products for nonwoven medical disposables: We’ve developed solutions to alleviate manual labor associated with producing complex surgical drapes as well as helped replace antiquated machines for the manufacture of rolled products such as undercast padding. ELSNER’s solutions dramatically change the daily routine of line operators, saving them time while allowing flexibility to focus on functions such as quality assurance and downstream production.
Founded in 1934, ELSNER has been designing and manufacturing an innovative line-up of automation machinery to convert papers, films, foils, plastics and nonwovens for a wide range of industries for over 85 years. Have an automated solution to discuss? Contact us: eew@ElsnerEng.com.
This content is sponsored by ELSNER Engineering.