By Dan Morosky, Vice President of Sales, Rosedale Products, Inc.
Rosedale Products, Inc. is a leading technology developer in the field of liquid filtration systems and waste minimization products for customers around the globe. With more than 50 years of experience, Rosedale offers an exceptional product line that includes high-performance filtration solutions for multiple industries. Rosedale technicians help customers find the best, most cost-effective approaches to their filtration needs.
Fabricated Basket Strainers
Standard or custom designs
Rosedale fabricated basket strainers are available in standard designs or can be custom designed and manufactured to fit specific requirements. The standard strainer is designed and built in accordance with ASME Code Section VIII, Division 1. Available code designs include ANSI B 31.4, ANSI B 31.3, and ANSI B 31.8. Standard housing material is carbon steel, 304 stainless steel, or 316 stainless steel.
Rosedale fabricated strainers can be supplied in ANSI flange ratings. Rosedale has the design capabilities and manufacturing facilities to handle straining requirements to 50 microns. They are available in 2-inch to 24-inch pipe sizes.
FSOT300 and FSOT150
Rosedale’s FSOT300 model is a durable, high-capacity filter with an uncompromising welded construction to meet ASME Section VIII Code requirements. The cover is hinged and fastened with swing bolts for quick access and easy bag change-out. Each unit has a high-quality electropolished finish to resist adhesion of dirt and scale, making routine maintenance fast and simple. Customize with several options, including gauges and switches. A wide range of filter bags or cartridges can be utilized in this housing.
The FSOT300 model provides optimal filtration performance when combined with Rosedale’s high-capacity filter bags. The unique design ensures a 360-degree positive seal and media compression, eliminating the potential for bypass. Unfiltered liquid and debris do not accumulate above the filter bag and contaminate the clean fluid area during change-out. Fluid passes through the bag from inside to outside. The FSOT300 also ensures an even flow into the filter bag, where contaminant is contained for easy disposal.
- Permanently piped housings are opened without special tools
- Carbon or stainless-steel housings
- Covers are O-ring sealed
- All sealing surfaces are blancher ground
- O-ring seals: Buna N, EPR, Viton® and Teflon®
- 300 psi rated housing (FSOT300)
- ASME Code Stamp available
- Uses standard #1, #2 or 500 series PL cartridges
- 1/4-inch NPT gauge ports and vent connection
- 1/2-inch NPT drain connection
- Adjustable-height tripod leg assembly
- Available with extra length legs and evacuation floats
- NSF 61 Certification available
- Mesh lined and heavy-duty rimmed basket available
- Sanitary and Victaulic connections (available)
- Basket-Tool included for easy removal
Model 4 Basket Strainer and Bag Filters
The Model 4 is available in 2 sizes and 2 pressure ratings. In all cases, covers are easily removed without special tools, and the basket or bag is easily cleaned or replaced.
- Low pressure drops
- Permanently piped housings
- Covers are O-ring sealed
- Carbon steel, or stainless steel (304 or 316) construction for housings
- All housings are electropolished to resist adhesion of dirt and scale
- Easy to clean!
- Adjustable-height legs, optional
- O-ring seals: Buna N, EPR, Fluoroelastomer, PTFE
- ASME code stamp available on select models
- Liquid displacers for easier servicing
- Two pressure ratings: 200 psi (with clamp cover) and 500 psi (with eye nut cover)
- Duplex units are available
- Pipe sizes 1 thru 2-inch, NPT
- Two basket depths: 6, or 12 inches (nominal)
- Bag filter hold-down devices
- Sanitary construction
- Different outlet connections
- Higher pressure ratings
- Extra-length legs
- Heat jacketing
- Epoxy coating
In-stock Cost-effective Replacement Bags
High-capacity bag filters (sock filter) with ratings to 1 micron are just one filter element option available from Rosedale, in a wide range of sizes and materials for general use. Special-purpose bag filters for high-temperature service and oil removal are also available.
Standard Filter Bag Types
- Molded top bags are stocked with polypropylene tops in sizes 1, 2, 3, 4, 8 & 9.
- Ring top bags are stocked in sizes 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9 & 12 with galvanized steel, rings.
- Handles are standard on all bags.
- Standard stock bags have sewn construction.
Filter Bag Finish
- Felt filter bags are supplied with a glazed finish to reduce fiber migration.
- Mesh filter bags are supplied with a plain finish as woven.
- Microfiber filter bags have spun bonded covers to prevent fiber migration.
- Standard filter bags are typically manufactured with a metal ring, either galvanized carbon steel or stainless steel, sewn in the top of the filter bag. Woven fabric handles are also sewn.
- Another design incorporates a molded plastic top. These tops typically are polypropylene or polyester with molded lifting handles. Various types of tops are available to fit specific manufacturers’ housings.
- All Welded Construction
- All seams and the collar are sonically welded, enhancing filtration quality, eliminating leaks and bypass that may have occurred with sewn seams.
Bag-Sized Cartridges (PL Series)
Provide Up to 12 Times More Dirt-Holding Capacity
End-users requiring a solution for their frequent filter servicing problems now have an option. The new PL series bag-sized cartridge element from Rosedale Products, Inc. incorporates the advantages of both bag and cartridge type elements into a single, absolute-rated unit capable of handling up to 12 times more dirt over conventional bags before needing to be replaced.
Like bags, Rosedale’s bag-sized pleated cartridges are easy to handle and trap contaminants inside, preventing “wash off” during removal of spent or dirty cartridges. Like cartridge elements, they provide larger surface area and greater dirt-holding capacity than standard bags.
Rosedale’s bag-sized pleated cartridges are uniquely constructed to enhance durability and performance. Twenty-five* square feet of high-efficiency material is sandwiched between two flow-enhancing, coarse-mesh screens and then pleated in a supported construction. This supported pleat construction ensures flow cannot be pinched off, and it also greatly strengthens the overall integrity of the element. The cartridge end caps, made of solid molded polypropylene, are thermo-bonded to the pleated cylinder.
- Eleven micron retention ratings, from 1 to 110 at 95 percent efficiency, are available
- Three different top-sealing ring designs – one to fit client needs
- Available in standard bag sizes 1 and 2, to fit housings 8-15 and 8-30
- Low pressure drop
*For size 2 cartridges. Size 1 cartridges have 13 square feet of material.
Just like Rosedale’s filter elements, Rosedale’s PL series bag-sized pleated cartridge elements use polyester or polypropylene micro fibers and standard fibers to produce their high-efficiency filter media. This unique construction provides filtration to 1 micron at 95 percent efficiency: a real rating for the real world, consistently giving the same level of performance from batch to batch.
Greater Capacity Means Longer Life Filtration Level
Rosedale’s PL series bag-sized pleated cartridge elements have been tested with the Single-Pass Efficiency Test using water and the AC Fine Dust Test. Water is passed through an initial pre-filter (at 0.45 μ), after which contaminant is injected into the water line. An automatic particle counter analyzes the number of particles per milliliter greater than a selected size, before the water enters the filter. The water then passes through the test filter, and the effluent is analyzed for the number of those same-size particles. The number of particles removed provides the efficiency rating. For example, if after the single pass, 95 percent of the particles are removed, then the filter is 95 percent efficient at the specified micron rating.
Using the Single-Pass Efficiency Test, Rosedale has determined the following efficiency ratings for their pleated cartridges. Real ratings are accurate and reliable, time and time again.
Disposable Bag-Sized Pleated Cartridges Provide High Performance at a Low Cost
Compatible with Models 8, LCO, NCO, and Multi-Bag Filters
The new PL series bag-sized pleated cartridge elements from Rosedale Products, Inc. are easily installed in our standard housings. The PLRICU cellulose filter provides 10 times the surface area of standard filter bags, and the PLRIPF polyester felt provides 6 times the area. Also available are a pleated element insert and a self-contained cartridge/basket combination. These low-cost, high-performing dirt gluttons provide superb capacity with filtration efficiency as high as 99 percent.
- Available with or without metal cage
- Seals in a standard strainer basket
- Over 50 square feet of surface area
- Beta 100 (99 percent) retention levels
- Longer element life provides improved system efficiency
- Fewer change-outs required
- Less downtime
- Improved quality due to improved retention ratings
- Lower maintenance and labor costs
- Reduced operator exposure
- Recyclable with no metal (optional)
Rosedale’s Absolute-Rated Pleated Cartridges Deliver
High Efficiency and Long Service Life
Filter cartridge elements from Rosedale Products, Inc. provide efficient solids removal in liquid systems. Absolute ratings range from 0.5 to 70 microns. Each cartridge has pleated, fixed pore media to maximize surface area and prevent particle unloading and fiber migration. Media selections include cellulose, fiberglass, polyester, and polypropylene. The wide variety of media, filter sizes, and end cap configurations provides customers with an ideal solution no matter their specific application. Superior construction materials and quality control techniques ensure that our filter cartridge elements provide quality filtration, even in the harshest operating conditions.
Find us online at RosedaleProducts.com or call us at 734-665-8201
Rosedale Products Inc.
3730 W. Liberty Rd., Ann Arbor, MI 48103